Friday, September 18, 2015

The First Trim







This past weekend the farrier came out to trim and shod horses. Keeno got trimmed for the first time. With a young horse, handling is important, especially when it comes to their feet. Pick up a youngster’s feet often, so he gets used to his feet being handled. With Keeno, I picked his feet up and held them like the farrier would every day. I had no idea how he would behave for the farrier, but he stood there perfectly still the whole time. This just proves what a teacher once said, “Preparation prevents poor performance.”

2 comments:

  1. The farrier was duly impressed with Keeno's calm demeanor during trimming. Keep up the good work, Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad he was good. He was very good the first time he was trimmed at my farm by our farrier. I had been working with picking up his feet since the day he was born at my farm. Keep up the good work... He looks great in these photos

    ReplyDelete