Friday, October 9, 2015

Keeno's Camping and Trail Ride Preparation


My 4H club goes on an annual trail ride at Wild River each year. This year Keeno gets to come. To prepare him for the trip, I have done different exercises to make it go over smoother. The first thing is simply getting him to really trust me. If a bad situation arises, he would be able to handle it and trust me enough to help him while I keep myself safe. Secondly, he trailered with the horses to the Anoka County Wranglers Fun Show. This got him used to trailering and being tied up for awhile. Thirdly, Keeno and my riding horse Vegas have been getting used to one another. This will help ponying to not be such a hassle. These three little things will help Keeno and I have a happy and safe camping experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment